Four (4) feet of quarter-inch braid-wrapped fiber core line.
One (1) half-inch split ring.
One (1) locking carabiner.
One (1) Blizzard Authenticator recovered from a tire swing.
One (1) anchor point.
- Attach split ring to Authenticator and set aside.
- Pass line through the anchor point.
- Tie bowline on both ends of line.
- Unlock carabiner and clip it through one of the bowlines.
- Pull on opposite end of line until carabiner is right next to the anchor point. Ensure there is enough play in the line for a carabiner to be able to wrap around the anchor point.
- In the line near the carabiner tie a typical “slip knot.”
- Clip and lock the carabiner to the loop in the slip knot. The carabiner now is clipped to two points: the bowline and the slip knot.
- At the other end of the line, attach the authenticator to the bowline.
- Test your anchor point and knots by pulling like heck on the line. If you A) get a hernia or B) the entire desk moves you have successfully anchored your authenticator.