Seems that some of us bloggers are answering the question “What if WoW servers were going to shut down for good in 5 hours time?” What makes this question so very difficult is that the most truthful answer requires each person to determine what is their deepest reason for playing. I have a number of answers that occur to me and I will let each item speak for itself about the underlying reason for doing what I would do.
0. Absolutely first would be to share my contact information with the other Sidhe Devils. This assumes that the guild forum and other WoW related means we have of staying in touch would also disappear. In essence, I would endeavor to ensure the human relationships had at least a fighting chance of surviving a permanent server shutdown.
1. I would check in with Mom to see if there was anything she wanted to do in-game before the shutdown and go do that, however long it took.
2. I would want to help as many people as I could hit some of the milestones they may be within 5 hours of hitting. A fellow guildie comes to mind: Nighthawque. He’s (as of July 8th) about two-thirds of the way to 70. I would group with him to help him 70 before the shutdown. This assumes he would want to spend his last 5 hours working towards that goal.
3. I would post in trade channel for those that had never had a mount that I will buy it for them.
4. I would take at least one lowbie group through Deadmines.
5. I would go to Eye of The Storm for one last epic battle with worthy opponents.
6. I would roll low level toons on other servers to whisper /bye to players I know through the bogglesphere. Basically, if you have a blog about WoW you’d be on my list of people I’d want to whisper.
7. I would take screen shots of all my favorite toons from my login screen.
8. Finally, I would gather with my guild in a capital city and after helping the warlocks summon everyone I would /hug, /cry, /cheer, /bow, /salute and /dance with all of them as the final seconds ticked away…